Swimming - Boys - Varsity
More than a century of excellence in the pool:
- 32 Olympians who have earned 11 medals, (including five golds) representing the USA and 12 other countries
- Hundreds of High School All-Americans
- 9 National High School/Interscholastic team championships
- 20 Eastern Interscholastic Swimming and Diving championships
- Mercersburg swimmers can train all three seasons during the school year, with the primary competition schedule running through the fall and winter seasons, as the Storm travels to high level USS and high-school events. The winter season culminates at the Eastern Interscholastic Swimming and Diving Championships, the largest prep school aquatic event in the nation.
- Experience is the key word for the swimming and diving coaching staff. Head coach Glenn Neufeld led Mercersburg to the 2016 Eastern Interscholastic Swimming & Diving Championship on the girls’ side and has also won a YMCA national championship. Diving coach Jennifer Smith ’97 has rejuvenated the Mercersburg diving team, guiding several athletes to collegiate-level competition.
- Mercersburg’s tradition of excellence extends to the collegiate level. Over the last several years, alumni have gone on to compete at numerous institutions, including Air Force, Army, Boston University, Bucknell, Emory, Florida State, Lehigh, Miami (Fla.), Middlebury, Navy, NYU, Pittsburgh, Penn, Rice, USC, St. Francis (N.Y.), Texas A&M, and Williams.
- Mercersburg’s swimmers and divers train and compete in the Lloyd Aquatic Center, a 40,000 square-foot facility that opened in 2019 and includes the Olympic-size 50-meter, 10-lane Furnary Pool with a diving area, in addition to locker rooms, seating for spectators, and office space. Dry-land training occurs in the McDowell Fitness Center, which features 6,000 square feet of contemporary equipment and programming.
College Counselor and Head Swim Coach
No Galleries have been added yet. Check back later.