Looking for a rewarding way to spend the summer, or even part of it? The summer experience at Mercersburg Academy is an excellent opportunity for personal and professional development as well as career enhancement. Staff are given the autonomy and responsibility for developing lesson plans and organizing logistical elements of events and activities. In addition, we conduct performance appraisals and provide professional recommendations for our staff.
Positions are available with several programs at Mercersburg. The application process includes submission of an online application and a personal interview, which is typically conducted by phone or Zoom.
Note: Mercersburg does not employ summer staff under the age of 16.
Complete the online application by using this link.
Upload supplementary forms to accompany the online application. (Note: resumes are not required for counselor positions.)
- The deadline for employment applications is rolling. Once a completed application is received, we will contact you to schedule an interview. Applications will be accepted until all of the positions have been filled.
Why work at a summer camp?
Unsure about working at a camp this summer? The links below may help you make your decision. Click through to learn how working at a summer program can boost your skill set and resume!
Mercersburg Academy abides by both the spirit and the letter of the law in all its employment and admission policies. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
- Health Assistant
- Young Writers Camp Instructor
- Adventure Camp Climbing Instructor
- Adventure Camp Kayak Instructor
- Adventure Camp Biking Instructor
- Counselors for all programs