We recognize that a Mercersburg education is a significant investment. Each year, we award more than $6 million in financial aid to nearly half our 430 students and, with an average financial-aid award approaching $30,000, we are committed to making a Mercersburg education accessible and affordable for all qualified applicants.
Please review our tuition and fees for the upcoming school year, as well as our financial aid information. Costs for the 2017-2018 school year include:
List of 4 items.
Tuition, Room, and Board
Boarding: $58,325 Day: $39,250
The cost of Primary Health Insurance (10 months) is $2,055. Primary Health Insurance is required for all international students and/or students that are not covered by their family’s health insurance policy.
The cost of books and other academic supplies may range in amount, from $500-$900, depending upon the courses in which the student is enrolled. A $150 technology fee is required of all students, and a $50 per term science lab fee may also apply. All students are required to have an iPad (generation two or higher).
All seniors are required to pay a $450 senior fee. Students living abroad are required to pay a $500 fee. Other fees may apply for additional services, including but not limited to tutoring, day-student overnight stays, etc.
A non-refundable deposit is due for all returning students in mid-March and all new students by April 10. The deposit amount is $5,000 for boarding students ($10,000 for International F-1 Visa holders) and $3,500 for day students. Deposit amounts may be adjusted by the Office of Admission and Financial Aid for students receiving financial aid.
This option requires that tuition be paid in full by July 15.
One-Time Payment with Tuition Refund Plan (TRP)* This option requires that tuition be paid in full by July 15. This plan requires the Tuition Refund Protection (TRP) Plan.
Payment in Two Installments With this option, 65 percent of the net tuition is due by July 15, and the remaining 35 percent is due by December 15. This plan requires the Tuition Refund Protection (TRP) Plan.
Payment in Monthly Installments With the Mercersburg monthly payment plan, tuition and fees are paid over an eight-month period. There is an annual fee (2% of the net tuition), and the Tuition Refund Protection (TRP) Plan is also required.
*The Tuition Refund Protection (TRP) Plan guarantees that if a student should withdraw or be required to withdraw, a portion of the net annual fee, less the non-refundable deposit and loan which are not covered under the plan, would be refunded on a prorated basis. The Plan takes effect at the close of business on the tenth day of classes.
Join the conversation
Founded in 1893 in the heart of Pennsylvania and the Mid-Atlantic, Mercersburg is a private, coed, college preparatory boarding school with approximately 440 students (15 percent are day), grades 9-12 and postgraduate.
We offer 170 courses, including AP and Honors, more than $6 million in financial aid, 26 varsity sports, and a state-of-the-art performing and visual arts center. Located 90 minutes from Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, and within easy driving distance to New York City, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. 300 East Seminary Street, Mercersburg, PA 17236 GPS Address: 10951 Buchanan Trail West, Mercersburg, PA 17236 717-328-6173