Outdoor Track & Field - Boys - Varsity
A history of excellence:
- 21 Olympians who have earned nine medals (seven of them gold), including legends Ted Meredith (1912), Bill Carr ’29, and Charlie Moore ’47.
- 16 members enshrined in the Olympic, United States, and Pennsylvania Track and Field Halls of Fame.
- Penn Relays: 11 Championships of America, seven records, three teams inducted in the Wall of Fame.
- Over the last several years, Mercersburg athletes have gone on to compete on the collegiate level at the NCAA Division I, II, and III levels, including at Air Force, Army, Navy, Nebraska, Penn, Davidson, Emory, Rhodes, and Shippensburg.
- Much of the coaching staff overlaps from one season to the next; assistants include former Division I athletes and veteran coaches in almost every track & field event.
- The schedule features high-level competitions at premier high school and college venues, as well as the Penn Relays.
- Track & field athletes train and compete on the Jimmy Curran Track, an all-weather, Regupol rubberized six-lane track named for legendary coach Jimmy Curran. Three jumping areas, a pole vault pit, and and infield areas for discus, shot, and javelin complete the facility. The Hale Field House (adjacent to the Curran Track) provides year-round practice space and hosts meets during the indoor season.
No Galleries have been added yet. Check back later.