Indoor Track & Field - Girls - Varsity
A nationally renowned school. A culture of academic success. A rich track and field tradition. A place to define yourself as a person and as an athlete.
A history of excellence:
- 18 Olympians who have earned nine medals (seven of them gold), including legends Ted Meredith ’12, Bill Carr ’29, and Charlie Moore ’47.
- 15 members enshrined in the Olympic, United States, and Pennsylvania Track and Field Halls of Fame.
- Penn Relays: 11 Championships of America, seven records, three teams inducted in the Wall of Fame.
- 2012: girls’ outdoor team is PAISAA state runners-up and MAPL runners-up; double league and state champions in the boys’ and girls’ pole vault, state champions in girls’ javelin and discus and boys’ discus.
- Six top-two finishes in the Mid-Atlantic Prep League in the last five years; numerous MAPL individual championships; 2011 and 2012 Independent-Parochial School League champions.
- 2005 girls’ outdoor PAISAA state team champions
Over the last several years, Mercersburg athletes have gone on to compete on the collegiate level at Claremont-Mudd-Scripps, Davidson, Emory, Penn, Army, Navy, Air Force, St. Joseph’s, Valparaiso, and Nebraska.
Most of the coaching staff overlaps from one season to the next; assistants include former Division I athletes and veteran coaches in almost every track & field event.
The current schedule features high-level competitions at premier high school and college venues, as well as the Penn Relays.
Track & field athletes train and compete in the state-of-the-art Hale Field House.