Mercersburg Academy has officially launched Storm Watch, a safe campus initiative. We are fully immersed in the proactive planning of a safe return to campus for students in the fall.
The primary role of this group is to examine, research, and analyze proactive and reactive opportunities for protecting the Mercersburg Academy community in the face of invasive contagions on our campus (like COVID-19), and how to most effectively prepare for and manage these threats when, inevitably, they occur.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns that you would like to share with the Storm Watch team, please utilize this Safe Campus Initiative Input form.
Our Phased Approach
#OneMercersburg: Our shared responsibility to keep our community safe.
Prospective families with admission questions may email the Admission Office
If you need to reach the Rutherford Health and Wellness Center or the Rahauser Counseling Center, please call 717-328-6136
Learn more about the steps Mercersburg Academy has taken and is taking in response to the outbreak of COVID-19.
- All students are off campus; the dormitories and all campus buildings are closed to students and families until further notice, with the exception of dormitory move-out procedures that must be scheduled in advance. Families should email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The school is limiting visitor access to campus, including for those who are visiting faculty members.
- Our health and wellness/medical director and health center staff are in contact with local and regional hospitals to keep updated on policies and procedures should the virus impact our campus.
- The school is in constant communication with Mercersburg families.
- Job interviews are being done virtually through video conferencing.
- All offices and departments are required to hold on all non-essential work travel until further notice. Domestic travel may be canceled based on new information received from the CDC and other organizations.
- The school is taking all required and necessary steps to ensure that our international students who hold F1 visas are able to maintain their status even though they are not studying at school at this time.
- We celebrated the Class of 2020 with a virtual (online) Commencement May 23, and plan to hold an in-person Commencement celebration on campus at a date to be determined (when it is reasonable and safe to gather together).
- We postponed the in-person Reunion Weekend 2020, but offered a virtual experience on June 4-7.
- We postponed our Cum Laude Convocation, which was scheduled to take place March 20.
- We canceled/postponed all campus speakers, programs, and events (including athletic events) through the end of the spring term; all other programs are under review.
- We have canceled/postponed all external facility rentals/events.
- We have postponed our summer travel programs.
- To do our part in helping to contain the spread of COVID-19, all campus tours and in-person interviews have been postponed indefinitely.
- If you would like more information about Mercersburg Academy, please fill out our inquiry form.
- We also invite you to explore our virtual campus tour and the rest of our website.
Mercersburg Summer Programs has canceled all internal programs for summer 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are saddened by this decision, but our first priority has always been the safety and well-being of our participants, staff, and the Mercersburg Academy community.
Families who have enrolled and made payments toward a program this summer have received a letter regarding refunds on payments. We hope to continue to engage with our enrolled participants virtually throughout the summer, including the sending of exclusive offers toward summer 2021. For any additional questions, please email email@example.com.
At this time, we have not canceled existing partnerships with external programs scheduled to take place at Mercersburg Academy this summer. We are working with these partners to review their schedules and needs, and in some cases, we may reschedule programs for later in the summer.